Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Signs of Life.

I went out for a walk around the yard today to look for signs of life after our long cold spell. We had a record low of 8 degrees one night and several nights in the teens with days not above freezing. That is unusual for us and hard on our plants. I was pleased to see most things look pretty good. Nature is truly resilient.


Cast iron plant looks fine.

Bluebonnets are happy.

Oregano hanging in there.
Fig tree has some green tips so I am hopeful.


This butterfly was flitting around landing on leaves to sun itself. Wonder how it survived?








2 comments:

Annie in Austin said...

Noticed how fresh the cast-iron plants looked here, too, Garden Sage. Best of luck with the fig tips. Some of my bluebonnet seedlings disappeared but yours look great!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Melanie J Watts said...

Wow! what part of the USA are you living? I think it is amazing you grow fig trees and cast iron plants outside. Where I live, in Northern BC Canada, they are houseplants!